Albania has a growing number of successful companies that have expanded globally, leveraging the country's strategic location, favorable business environment, and skilled workforce. These companies have diversified their portfolios, expanded their operations, and increased their market share, contributing to the economic growth of Albania and the region. The examples of successful global expansion of Albanian companies demonstrate the potential of Albanian businesses to compete and succeed in the global market.
- Alketa Vejsiu: Alketa Vejsiu is a popular Albanian TV host and presenter who has expanded her brand globally through social media. Vejsiu has over 1 million followers on Instagram, and she uses her platform to promote Albanian culture and tourism to the world. She has also collaborated with international brands such as L'Oreal Paris and Puma.
- Eagle Mobile: Eagle Mobile is one of the largest mobile network operators in Albania, with over 1 million subscribers. In 2017, Eagle Mobile expanded its services to Kosovo, offering 4G network coverage to its customers in the neighboring country. This move allowed Eagle Mobile to tap into the growing Kosovar market and increase its revenue.
- Balfin Group: Balfin Group is a leading Albanian investment and real estate company. The company has invested in various sectors, including energy, retail, hospitality, and real estate. Balfin Group has expanded its business operations to other countries, such as Kosovo, Macedonia, and Montenegro. In 2020, Balfin Group acquired the Sheraton Tirana Hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Albania, which is expected to boost its revenue and increase its market share in the hospitality industry.
- Vodafone Albania: Vodafone Albania is a subsidiary of Vodafone Group, a multinational telecommunications company based in the United Kingdom. Vodafone Albania has been operating in Albania since 2001 and has over 2 million subscribers. The company has invested in expanding its 4G network coverage and improving its services. In 2019, Vodafone Albania launched the first 5G network in the country, providing faster internet speeds and better connectivity.
- Gjirafa: Gjirafa is a technology company that provides various services, including search engines, e-commerce, and online payment solutions. Gjirafa has expanded its operations beyond Albania, launching its services in Kosovo and Macedonia. In 2019, Gjirafa received a $6.7 million investment from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), which will be used to expand its services and increase its market share.