Anguilla's zero corporate income tax rate, along with its favorable tax system, makes it an attractive destination for businesses seeking tax advantages. In addition to corporate income tax, businesses operating in Anguilla should be aware of other taxes, such as GST, import duties, accommodation tax, payroll tax, stamp duty, and vehicle license tax. To ensure compliance and obtain the most accurate and updated information, businesses are advised to consult with a tax professional or refer to the official website of the Anguilla Inland Revenue Department.
Corporate Income Tax:
Anguilla operates on a territorial tax system, where only income generated from activities within the territory is subject to taxation. The corporate income tax rate in Anguilla is currently set at 0%. This zero-tax regime for corporate income tax makes Anguilla an appealing destination for businesses seeking tax advantages.
Types of Business Taxes in Anguilla:
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): Anguilla introduced the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in 2010. The standard rate of GST is 10%. GST is levied on most goods and services supplied within Anguilla, with exemptions and reduced rates for certain essential items such as food, medicine, and education.
- Import Duties: Import duties are imposed on goods imported into Anguilla. The rates of import duties vary depending on the nature and value of the goods. Certain items, such as essential food items, may be exempted or subject to reduced rates.
- Accommodation Tax: Accommodation providers in Anguilla are required to collect and remit an accommodation tax on the rental income received. The tax rate ranges from 10% to 20%, depending on the type of accommodation and the length of stay.
- Payroll Tax: Employers in Anguilla are obligated to pay a payroll tax based on the salaries and wages of their employees. The payroll tax rates vary depending on the income brackets, ranging from 3% to 12.5%.
- Stamp Duty: Stamp duty is applicable to various transactions, including property transfers, leases, and legal documents. The rates of stamp duty differ depending on the nature of the transaction.
- Vehicle License Tax: Vehicle owners in Anguilla are required to pay an annual vehicle license tax. The tax rates depend on the type and weight of the vehicle.
Anguillan Tax Authority Website:
For detailed and up-to-date information on business taxes in Anguilla, it is recommended to visit the official website of the Anguilla Inland Revenue Department, which is responsible for tax administration in the territory.
Anguillan Tax Authority Website: Official Anguilla Inland Revenue Department Website