The Banking & Trade Finance Council (TFC) within the International Trade Council is a specialized body that centers on the pivotal role of finance in the facilitation and growth of international trade. Recognizing the complexities and challenges intrinsic to transnational financial transactions, the TFC provides a platform to streamline, inform, and innovate the financial mechanisms that underpin global commerce. The council brings together financial institutions, exporters, importers, regulators, and other stakeholders to foster a more robust, transparent, and inclusive trade finance ecosystem.
- Arif Esa, CEO, Cable Exchange Group | moneyIN Global [LinkedIn]
- Will Banks, CEO, Shillings Capital [LinkedIn]
Areas of Focus:
- Financial Instruments: Delve into the diverse range of trade finance instruments, including Letters of Credit, Bills of Exchange, Export Credit, and Forfaiting, ensuring they meet the evolving needs of global traders.
- Risk Mitigation: Advocate for and promote techniques and instruments to mitigate the various risks inherent in international trade, from currency fluctuations to default risks.
- Regulatory Compliance: Provide guidance and updates on international and regional regulatory frameworks affecting trade finance, ensuring members remain compliant and informed.
- Innovative Solutions: Explore and advocate for cutting-edge financial technologies and solutions, such as blockchain and digital trade finance platforms, to modernize and secure transactions.
- Capacity Building: Organize workshops, seminars, and training sessions to equip businesses with knowledge on the latest trends, challenges, and opportunities in trade finance.
- Access to Finance: Work towards making trade finance more accessible, especially for SMEs and businesses in emerging markets, reducing the global trade finance gap.
- Networking and Collaboration: Serve as a nexus for trade finance professionals to collaborate, share insights, and form strategic partnerships.
- Sustainability in Trade Finance: Promote sustainable and green finance options, encouraging businesses to invest in eco-friendly projects and practices.
- Dispute Resolution: Provide avenues for resolving financial disputes in international trade, ensuring smooth and uninterrupted business relationships.
- Market Trends and Analysis: Offer data-driven insights on global trade finance trends, helping members stay ahead of the curve and make informed decisions.
Outputs of the Business Council:
- Research Reports
- Legislative Recommendations
- Thought-Pieces / Blog Posts
- Participation in Industry Events
- Collation of Industry News