The Supply Chain Business Council (SCBC) within the International Trade Council is dedicated to addressing the multifaceted challenges and opportunities that exist within the global supply chain framework. Recognizing that modern trade is underpinned by complex supply chain networks, the council endeavors to bring together businesses, industry experts, logistics providers, and policymakers to create more resilient, transparent, and efficient supply chains.
Areas of Focus:
- Supply Chain Resilience: In an era marked by unforeseen disruptions, the council emphasizes strategies and practices that bolster supply chain resilience, enabling businesses to quickly adapt and respond to changing circumstances.
- Digital Transformation: The SCBC champions the integration of advanced technologies, from blockchain to artificial intelligence, to revolutionize supply chain management, optimize operations, and enhance transparency.
- Sustainability: With a growing emphasis on environmental and social responsibility, the council drives initiatives promoting sustainable supply chain practices, including ethical sourcing, waste reduction, and carbon footprint minimization.
- Regulatory Compliance and Standards: The council provides insights into the evolving regulatory landscape, ensuring that members stay compliant with international trade laws, standards, and best practices related to supply chain management.
- Trade Facilitation: Emphasizing smoother cross-border operations, the SCBC explores customs procedures, documentation, and policies that influence the speed and efficiency of international trade.
- Risk Management: Understanding the myriad risks associated with global supply chains, from geopolitical shifts to natural disasters, the council offers tools and strategies for effective risk assessment and mitigation.
- Skill Development and Training: The council advocates for the continuous upskilling of supply chain professionals, addressing the growing need for expertise in areas like digital tools, analytics, and sustainable practices.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Serving as a nexus for dialogue and partnership, the SCBC facilitates interactions among shippers, carriers, manufacturers, and other stakeholders, promoting mutual growth and innovation.
- Market Dynamics: The council sheds light on emerging market trends, consumer demands, and economic indicators that influence supply chain decisions, aiding businesses in making informed strategic choices.
- Innovation and Research: Committed to the future of supply chains, the SCBC encourages research and innovation to address challenges and capitalize on new opportunities in the sector.
Outputs of the Business Council:
- Research Reports
- Legislative Recommendations
- Thought-Pieces / Blog Posts
- Participation in Industry Events
- Collation of Industry News