The Digital Commerce Business Council (DCBC) within the International Trade Council is a specialized committee dedicated to embracing the transformation brought about by the digital revolution in the realm of international commerce.
Recognizing the profound impact of technology on global trade, the council serves as a nexus for businesses, governments, technology providers, and other stakeholders, aligning them on best practices, innovations, and the future of digital commerce.
Areas of Focus:
- Digital Payments:With the surge in digital transactions, the council delves into various digital payment methods, ensuring security, convenience, and efficiency. Topics might include mobile wallets, contactless payments, cryptocurrency, and the role of fintech in reshaping payment systems.
- Cross-Border Payments: Addressing the complexities and challenges of making payments across international borders, the council looks into simplifying cross-border transactions, reducing fees, improving transaction speeds, and ensuring compliance with varying international regulations.
- Digital Marketing: As marketing strategies become increasingly digital, the council will tackle subjects like search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click advertising (PPC), social media marketing, email campaigns, and the role of data analytics in understanding consumer behavior.
- Cybersecurity: With the rise of digital commerce comes the increased risk of cyber threats. The council focuses on ensuring that all digital transactions and businesses operate within a secure environment, addressing issues like data breaches, fraud prevention, and secure coding practices.
- Regulatory Compliance:In the rapidly evolving digital world, keeping up with local and international regulations is crucial. The council facilitates discussions on data privacy, consumer rights, and the ever-changing landscape of e-commerce laws across different jurisdictions.
- Supply Chain Digitization: The council may explore the role of technology in optimizing and digitizing supply chains. This includes the use of IoT devices for real-time tracking, blockchain for ensuring authenticity, and AI for predictive analytics in supply chain management.
- Digital Infrastructure:Ensuring that businesses have access to robust digital infrastructure is essential. Topics might encompass cloud computing, server management, content delivery networks, and the role of 5G in accelerating digital commerce.
- Customer Experience and Engagement: The council will discuss the importance of providing a seamless and engaging digital experience for customers, exploring areas like chatbots, augmented reality (AR) shopping experiences, and user interface (UI)/user experience (UX) best practices.
- Future of Digital Commerce: Keeping an eye on the horizon, the council will explore emerging technologies and trends that might reshape the future of digital commerce, such as quantum computing, new forms of digital currency, and innovations in AR and virtual reality (VR).
Outputs of the Business Council:
- Research Reports
- Legislative Recommendations
- Thought-Pieces / Blog Posts
- Participation in Industry Events
- Collation of Industry News