The Logistics and Transportation Council (LTC) within the International Trade Council is an authoritative body committed to streamlining, enhancing, and innovating the mechanisms underpinning global trade. Recognizing the pivotal role of efficient logistics and transportation systems in driving international commerce, the LTC provides a platform where industry leaders, stakeholders, and experts converge to share insights, develop strategies, and craft solutions to challenges in the rapidly evolving landscape of global transportation.
- Macdonald Chimandas Vasnani, Founder/C.E.O., Consolidated Shipping Agencies Ltd.
- Lars Hickey, Managing Director | Project Finance and International Government Affairs, Wabtec
- Tarun Patwary, Managing Director, Kuehne + Nagel Ltd., Bangladesh [LinkedIn]
- Julio Lergier, Perishable Solutions Manager South America, UPS, Inc [LinkedIn]
- Ibrahim Al Nadhairi, CEO, ASYAD Shipping & Drydocks [LinkedIn]
Areas of Focus:
- Infrastructure Development: Prioritizing the physical underpinnings of trade, the council emphasizes the importance of robust ports, efficient rail systems, modern airports, and interconnected road networks.
- Technological Advancements: In an era of digitization, the LTC explores the adoption and adaptation of technology in logistics – from automation in warehousing to tracking in real-time shipment.
- Sustainability: Championing eco-friendly transportation solutions, the council encourages the adoption of green logistics, including electric vehicles, sustainable shipping solutions, and carbon-neutral transportation methods.
- Regulatory Compliance: The LTC aids businesses in understanding and adhering to international transportation regulations, ensuring that goods move seamlessly across borders without legal entanglements.
- Safety and Security: Recognizing the importance of safeguarding goods in transit, the council promotes best practices in transportation safety, risk management, and cargo security.
- Trade Facilitation: Streamlining customs procedures, reducing paperwork, and ensuring faster clearance are among the council's initiatives to accelerate and facilitate global trade.
- Supply Chain Integration: By fostering collaborations between suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors, the LTC focuses on creating seamless, efficient, and responsive supply chains.
- Capacity Building: The council organizes workshops, seminars, and training sessions to equip businesses with the knowledge and tools required to optimize their logistics and transportation strategies.
- Cost-Efficiency: In a competitive global market, the LTC emphasizes strategies to reduce transportation costs without compromising speed or safety.
- Networking and Collaboration: Serving as a hub for professionals in the logistics and transportation sectors, the LTC offers ample opportunities for collaboration, partnership, and mutual growth.
Outputs of the Business Council:
- Research Reports
- Legislative Recommendations
- Thought-Pieces / Blog Posts
- Participation in Industry Events
- Collation of Industry News