Use the checklist below as a guide for discovering how your business meets the tender requirements. We recommend copying this text into your own MS Word document, which you can then use as a master copy to develop your responses and share within your team.
About your business
- Who are you?
- How does your business qualify to tender?
- What specialisms or unique selling points can you focus on in the tender?
Addressing the tender requirements
- How does your business address the tender’s strategic aims and objectives?
- Have you addressed any supplementary special conditions of contract?
- In what specific ways can you compete on cost (e.g. source locally)?
- What specific skills and expertise makes your business stand out?
- Do you have any staff members that have a recognised reputation in their field?
- What evidence is there to show that your business can respond quickly to events and carry out effective decision making?
- What evidence is there to show how you build relationships with your customers? Do you do a lot of repeat business?
- In what ways has your business proved its flexibility recently?
- What specific ways of working make your business flexible?
- Do you have innovative products, services, ways of working, market niches?
- What are your main business activities?
- What industries do you supply to?
- What are your key products and services?
- What specific equipment can you provide?
- Who are the key people in your business?
- Do you have any specialised capabilities?
- Do you have evidence of training and skills that you carry out in your business?
- Do you have the capacity to deliver?
Delivering the right tender outcomes
- How will you deliver the tender’s outcomes?
- Who are the tender’s end customers and how will they benefit from the delivery of the tender contract?
- What specific delivery objectives will you focus on, and how will you achieve them?
- How will you measure performance and ensure success?
- What would your business requirements be as part of delivering the tender?
- How much will it cost to deliver the specified objectives/specification requirements?
- Who can provide strong references in order to demonstrate that you have a track record of successful delivery?
- What other businesses could collaborate on the tender as part of a consortium or subcontractor?