NRE, headquartered in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, is an employee-owned, vertically integrated provider of new and remanufactured locomotives, locomotive products and wheel services. Founded in 1984 by Lawrence Beal, NRE has grown to encompass fifteen facilities and affiliates making it the world’s largest independent supplier of new and remanufactured locomotives; new and rebuilt mechanical materials; electrical components; technical support and field services. NRE continues its history of solid growth using its highly skilled workforce and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities to provide quality products and services to its customers worldwide.
In 2006 NRE introduced new ultra low emissions N-ViroMotive GenSet road switcher locomotives for both domestic and international service.
With nine facilities, encompassing over 275 acres and more than 1,330,000 square feet under roof, NRE serves its customers with the best equipped shops in the industry.
- Nine fully equipped manufacturing facilities in North America
- Over 600 locomotives for sale or lease
- New locomotives for both domestic and international customers
- GE and EMD locomotive replacement parts
- Full range of maintenance, repair, rebuild and remanufacturing services
- Engineering services