Q: How did you get started in this business?
In 2004, I was working for a not-for-profit organization, and I realized I could have more impact serving on boards then working as staff. So, I launched a company that by 2006 would become Burgos Group. Originally, the company was a marketing and management consulting group. However, when the world recession hit, we refocused to take advantage of the opportunities in the federal marketplace.
Q: Can you describe your customers / what type of customers do you have?
Burgos Group is primarily focused on meeting the construction, logistics, facilities and technical support needs of Department of Defense and other federal agency customers. In 2014, we added an electrical construction and services division to our company that is mostly focused on meeting growing commercial sector customer needs.
Q: What are some of your “keys to success” in building your customer base?
Our success is fundamentally based on a three-prong strategy which includes:
- Being a market driven, customer-centric enterprise – we have focused on learning about our target customers’ primary needs and wants and tailored our offerings to meet those requirements. This has allowed us to offer a wide variety of service solutions not normally found in a business of our size.
- Focusing on innovation integration – we have integrated emerging technology innovations to be geographically flexible, maintain a scalable infrastructure, and create cost competitiveness.
- Building teaming relationships – we have leveraged the technical expertise and resources capabilities of a vast network of teaming partners to make inroads into target markets and mitigate performance risk.
Q: Is there anything about your business that you feel makes it special?
In the last seven years, we have grown from two individuals to nearly 120 employees providing a wide variety of services in seven states – and growing.
For the last three years, we’ve been honored to be:
- Listed among the top of the Inc. 5000 list
- Ranked among the top of the New Mexico Flying 40
- Among the top of Albuquerque Business First’s fastest growing companies
In 2015, we were also selected the SBA Prime Contractor of the Year for Region VI.
Q: Where do you see your business in the next year? In the next five years? In the next ten years?
Based on our sales backlog, we expect our current rate of rapid growth to continue for the foreseeable future. For the next five years, we will continue to build on established relationships as well as create new ones. This will likely result in an increase in our geographical footprint within the United States and abroad. Over the next ten years, we plan to offer our services in other countries, and look for synergies within the global marketplace which will allow us to pursue even more market opportunities.