An International Public Policy Observatory event. About this event The Future of Online Learning: What have we learned about emergency remote education
An International Public Policy Observatory event.
About this event
The Future of Online Learning: What have we learned about emergency remote education during COVID-19, and what do we take forward?
When schools closed across the world to help curb the spread of coronavirus, the impact on children’s learning was enormous. Schools had to adapt quickly, implementing emergency remote education methods by moving learning online
Having commissioned a number of pieces of work on this topic, and having hosted a lively roundtable discussion in April (see our website here), we commissioned Dr Melissa Bond and the team at UCL’s Institute of Education, EPPI-Centre, to undertake a ‘deep dive’ systematic review to examine in detail the available research evidence, in order to answer the following questions:
- In what ways did emergency remote education affect motivation and engagement in secondary students?
- How did research report on emerging online assessment practices in secondary schooling during the pandemic?
- Are new approaches to peer collaboration emerging and what does this suggest?
- How does online learning in secondary schools support parent engagement?
- What emerging uses of online and blended learning approaches in secondary schools could continue to be implemented going forward?
On Tuesday 27th July (11am-12.15pm) we will bring together policymakers, practitioners and researchers to hear the findings of the review and to discuss the way forward in particular:
Should education return to where it was before the pandemic, or are there desirable lasting changes to be made in light of the experience?
If you have any queries about this event, email the team at email@example.com . You will receive the joining instructions and information by 23 July 2021. Please note that we will use the information you provide in the Eventbrite form to contact you about this event.
We hope very much that you can join us.
Virtual Event Details
Event has already taken place!
(Tuesday) 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm PST
Online / Virtual Event