Accelerating African agro industry growth, productivity and value chain development; Tackling food waste and security challenges Join us for the virtual SSCG Africa Agribusiness
Accelerating African agro industry growth, productivity and value chain development; Tackling food waste and security challenges
Join us for the virtual SSCG Africa Agribusiness Summit 2021 on Thursday 28 January 2021 themed Accelerating African agro industry growth, productivity and value chain development; Tackling food waste and security challenges.
The half day-long summit will bring together stakeholders from governments, investors, business, academia and multilateral institutions to take stock of the agriculture and agro sectors in Africa and identify opportunities to enhance growth, efficiency, productivity and sustainability across agricultural value chains in support of smallholder farmers, agricultural products processing and boost food security. The summit will feature panel discussions, transformation talks and presentations on a myriad of topics and opportunities. Its aim is threefold: to highlight innovative solutions for growth, discuss areas for further investment and qualifiers for investment, and create an avenue for collaboration between the UK and African private and public sectors.
Join us to connect with like minded business leaders, investors, industry experts and entrepreneurs, to gain latest update, insights, perspectives, strategies and practical best practices.
– Africa’s agricultural market and agro-industry economic landscape
– Agricultural commodity trading and pricing
– Strengthening agricultural market access
– Investment and financing agricultural infrastructure and projects
– Funding the Next Agricultural ventures and enterprises: Angel Investors and VCs
– Agri-insurance sector in Africa
– Sustainable and impact agricultural investment opportunities
– Unlocking Africa’s agricultural potential: Improving quality standards, growth, maximising yields, efficiency, productivity and profitability
– Digital agriculture – Agrotechnology, agri-tech, innovation and farming systems
– Enhancing downstream value addition: Food processing, distribution and storage
– Building sustainable agri-Food systems – Reducing food losses, security and safety
– Empowering and supporting smallholder farmers across the value chains and integration into global and local supply chains
– Ethical and Sustainability Governance (ESG) and Social Responsibility
– Strengthening the highly fragmented supply chains
– Tackling climate change risks, challenges and impact
– Effective agricultural data capture and management
– Creating value in digital-farming solutions
– Partnership for agricultural transformation
– Strengthening Africa’s agri and food systems for scaling technologies
– Agribusiness digital operations solutions
Virtual Event Details
Event has already taken place!
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm PST