Event has already taken place!
China and higher education: Navigating uncertain futures
Third in the annual China and Higher Education Conference series #ChinaHE20 The China and Higher Education annual conference series at the Manchester Institute of Education
Third in the annual China and Higher Education Conference series #ChinaHE20
The China and Higher Education annual conference series at the Manchester Institute of Education (The University of Manchester) brings together international experts on a wide range of topics related to higher education in China and China’s role in the international higher education sector. The Call for Papers for this 2020 conference builds on our previous events in 2018 (focusing on the Belt and Road Initiative) and 2019 (focusing on knowledge diplomacy).
The China and Higher Education 2020 conference (#ChinaHE20) focuses on the theme of uncertain futures, both in terms of China’s outward and inward internationalisation. In particular, we consider the following substantive questions:
- What role does China play in the current disruptive forces shaping the global higher education sector?
- What is the role or impact of uncertainty in regards to China and higher education?
- What do we know about the future of China and higher education? What remains unknown?
- What gaps remain in the research on China and higher education?
We are pleased to share the following confirmed keynote sessions
- Dr Jelena Brankovic, Bielefeld University and Melina Aarnikoivu, University of Jyvaskyla. Leading an academic writing workshop for Early Career Researchers entitled “Everybody struggles with writing”
- Professor Jenny Lee, University of Arizona. Speaking about: US-China Power and Global Science.
- Professor Ka Ho Mok, Lingnan University, Speaking about: The Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Teaching, Learning and Well-being: Student Perspectives
- Professor Wenqin Shen, Peking University. Speaking about: International academic mobility: Academic careers in China and the challenges ahead.
- Professor Johanna Waters, University College London. Session title: Transnationalising Higher Education in Hong Kong: a new paradigm for (im)mobilities in HE.
Virtual Event Details
7 (Monday) 11:00 am - 11 (Friday) 5:00 pm GMT