Grant Name: New Market Expansion Program (NMEP)
Country: Australia – Tasmania
Information Link: https://www.stategrowth.tas.gov.au/business/trade/grants_and_funding/new_market_expansion_program
Funding is available to support eligible Tasmanian-based businesses and industry associations to expand their export presence and introduce Tasmanian products and services to the world. Under the New Market Expansion Program (NMEP) eligible small and medium sized enterprises with a sales turnover of between $300 000 and $20 million may receive a financial rebate to offset the costs of undertaking approved marketing activities designed to develop new international markets.
Approved marketing activities under NMEP could include:
- market research and business matching services
- promotional activities and materials including advertising
- attending trade exhibitions and promotions
- assisting with inbound buyers’ visits to Tasmania
- travel and on-ground costs associated with undertaking marketing activities in another country.
The 2018-19 round of the NMEP opened in August 2018 and closes on 30 April 2019.