Goals of the Community Action Committee:
The Community Action Committee raises the business community’s awareness of local non-profit organisations, particularly those dealing in the areas of: education, equality, health, infrastructure and sustainability.
- Collaborates with business executives, industry professionals and government officials to advance ideas, policies and legislation that benefit the broader business community
- Develop a plan on changes / improvements that are needed in specific standards and/or regulation
- Educates themselves on complex public policy issues affecting trade
- Meet regularly with key elected officials
- Develop and circulate a “Top 10 Economic Development Action List”
Keep Council members informed on emerging government affairs and public policy issues at the local and state levels. Promote the development of standards and regulation where appropriate.
Reports to the National Chairperson.